Thursday, September 12, 2019

Artist Statement

Hey there, my name is Alexis Gomez and I'm a Documentary and Television Production major. I really like taking snippet videos of really anything and anyone. I like to capture the beauty of landscapes, sunsets, etc... I also like capturing people and their movements, their behaviors, their reactions to awkward, uncomfortable situations. I like to edit and put videos together even when they aren’t very long videos. But all of this done on an iPhone...i would love to get to better understand the camera and really all its features and the difference it can make on a lot of future video recording along with learning how to piece these videos together cause I know very little. But it’s not just landscape and human movement I would like to capture, being a taxi driver has shaped a different worldview on my behalf. I see a lot of different interesting things when I work, I hear a lot of things and I would love to include all of that into my future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest Lecturer - Kirsten Johnson

Filmmaker Kirsten Johnson, visited our Media class full of energy, looking forward to what she could give us with all her experience in the...